Saturday, February 25, 2006

Comfort Food & New Math

Today was a yucky rainy day - it never really rained hard, just a constant dribble to mild rain and about 45 degrees. We thought about going out to dinner, but none of us wanted to go out in the drizzle. I did end up going to the grocery store to get some nice bread to go with our vegetable soup. Then I made a blackberry cobbler (needed to use those blackberries we picked in summer 2004) for dessert. It was delicious! It was hard to not have seconds or thirds - that spoonful stuck on the spoon doesn't count, right?

While I was at the store, I ran into a friend (one of M's friend's mom) and we were discussing schools and what the kids are learning currently in 4th grade. She showed me a different method of multiplying called lattice multiplication . It looks very interesting. I may show it to M and see if he likes it any better than normal multiplication - of course if he does, I'll need to alert his teacher about the method so she realizes what he's doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home