Sunday, November 08, 2009

Popcorn, popcorn everywhere

This weekend has been all about popcorn. First up on Saturday morning I had to go pick up our pack's popcorn order. I fit over 70 cases of popcorn into the back of the van, even though the estimated number of cases was 60. I didn't have a lot of spare room left, though - and the front passenger seat had popcorn in it too.

Then after I got home, I had M help me unload it. I learned a few years ago (the hard way) that if you let a bunch of microwave popcorn sit in the car, even overnight, your car will smell like a movie theater - for a good long while. So, we promptly unloaded the car. M decided we needed a "fortress".
It was impregnable to ordinary people, but not to Pounce. She quickly found the path off to the right and proceeded to wander through the popcorn arena all afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon I had most of the people show up to pick up their orders and one dad got his this evening. I'm down to 5 orders to get to other pack members and the pile of popcorn is MUCH smaller.

Equally good news, A managed to deliver a lot of popcorn around the neighborhood today. All but 5 orders in walking distance. Unfortunately we didn't do quite so well at church this morning, so we have a good bit to haul back there again next week. But the pile is definitely diminishing.

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Wow! That's a *lot* of popcorn!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Amy W. said...

I remember those popcorn days. My #2 son was a Scout (now an Eagle Scout and in college), and we have eaten a lot of Scout popcorn.

He never sold anything like the amount of popcorn you have stacked there in your house, though. That's quite a wall!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home