Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Shrove Tuesday

Shrove Tuesday is another name for Mardi Gras. We used to celebrate Mardi Gras much more when we lived in Louisiana. This year, I'm sad to say, I didn't even break out any beads. I have one nice 3 color strand I like to wear for Mardi Gras, but its still in the closet somewhere. We did, however, make it to church to have our pancake supper. Pancakes, blueberry pancakes, sausage and grits. I'd never had grits as part of Shrove Tuesday before our current priest, but he thinks they are needed, so therefore we have grits, and cheese grits. D went down early to help cook. I had a picture, but the other computer is being uncooperative, so maybe you'll get it later, maybe not - its not that exciting. Well, here is D cooking.

We had to do a car dance tonight to keep from taking 3 cars to the church. My mom left her car about 2 miles from home and we picked her up there and took her to church, getting there just before 6. Then the kids and I had to leave around 6:30 to dash up to Scouts. D brought my mom back to her car a bit after 7 and then he had to go to a homeowners association meeting. He went to avoid becoming president, but ended up becoming vice-president. Meanwhile, I don't know what M did tonight in Scouts, but A and the other Tigers painted treasure chests for our Scout Blue and Gold banquet. The theme this year is Bluebeard the Pirate and his Treasure of Gold. We also spraypainted some pennies and some rocks gold for treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home