Thursday, July 24, 2008

Globetrotting

A is off for another trip, globetrotter that he is.  He and my mom took off for London on Tuesday, not quite a week after we got back from Japan.  They will be visiting with my aunt in London and then going to a Elderhostel program together in Oxford - discussing children's literature - Harry Potter, Narnia, the Hobbit, His Dark Materials, among others.  A has been reading much of this material over the last year (and so has my mom).  

My mom took M on a big trip to London when he was in 4th grade, during February break - which they both thought was a wonderful trip, but cold and dreary.  She has said all along that she would take A also, but not in Feb. again.  So when she saw this trip and knew how much A likes Harry Potter, she arranged to take him.  Only, due to our trip to Japan, she had to plan for the end of July here - where A will actually miss the first week of school.  Oh horrors!  Not like they will do anything useful the first week anyway.

I talked to A and he is having a great time - they saw the tower of London today.  I hope they are taking lots of photos so I can see them when they get back.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

I want to have A's travel schedule!

I've been enjoying the pictures from Japan -- thanks for posting them!

8:22 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

I know A is having a blast, but I think he is going to be glad to get back to a schedule once he finally comes home.

Glad you're enjoying the pictures from Japan. I'm trying to get them up while I still have some memory of where I took them! It's taking longer than expected though, due to jet lag, blogger issues, and computer access.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home