Thursday, July 27, 2006

Open House - no; Pool Party - yes

The kids school has open house scheduled tonight and tomorrow morning. We were initially going to go tonight as they were excited to meet the teacher and see who was in their classes. Plus, if we went tonight, D could help fill out paperwork or at least shepherd kids around and meet the teachers.

But, we had a pool party scheduled with the Scouts tonight. So, instead we planned to do that and I'll take the kids to Open House in the morning. In the meantime, though, the school said they would have the class lists posted on the front doors of the school, so we stopped by on our way to the pool to check out the lists. They weren't up yet - 10 minutes before open house was to start. Frustrating. I had checked with the school earlier in the week and they had assured me that the lists would be up this afternoon. Maybe they were waiting to the last minute to annoy people? There was already a group of 20-30 people waiting to get in for Open House.

When we saw the lists weren't up, we headed on over to the pool. But, once we got there, it turns out the kids had forgotten their goggles. I didn't want to go back and get them - both kids swam goggle-less for years, but no, M, in particular didn't want to swim without them. I told them that I didn't forget them and it would cost me a gallon of gas to get home and back again. If they wanted them badly enough, they could pay for the gas. They decided that they did. We trooped back home, where they had trouble locating the goggles. Sigh. M found an old pair fairly quickly, but all A could find was a old pair where both ends of the straps had broken. Double sigh. Didn't seem worth it to me, but I'm not them. We went back to the pool. I managed to fix A's goggles temporarily, but every time he tried to adjust them on his face, the strap came loose. I wish I could just buy a new strap - I may have to see what I can come up with.

We did have fun at the party. The kids played and D and I got a chance to talk with the other adults. We did a little planning for the early part of the year of Scouting and caught up with some people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home