Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Book Binge

Mary P. had a challenge for April - to record all the books you've read. It's daunting to see her list - how does she do it with watching small children all day. My 2 are in school much of the day and I've only managed a few books. But, then again, this was April, the month of the dreadest income taxes.

Without further ado, my list:

Bad Medicine by Aimee and David Thurlo: Good mystery. I've enjoyed several of this series (and have another to waiting for me to start it). I'm going back and catching the earlier books that our library doesn't have (thank you interlibrary loan, accesible from home!)

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown: I've been meaning to read this for a while. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite what I expected. I don't see what everyone got so worked up about.

The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers by Lilian Jackson Braun: Exactly what I expected (well, a little unexpected twist). I've been reading this series for years, probably since my MIL introduced me to them when D and I were dating.

Books on tape*:
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares: Interesting story. I wasn't sure what to expect, but somehow it wasn't this. Couldn't listen to it for almost a week as it wasn't necessarily kid appropriate.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot: About half-way through it so far. A bit teen drama-ish, but interesting enough.

M is the one who would have a truly impressive list, though he can't be bothered to keep up with what all he reads. We went to the library today and he checked out a stack at least 2 feet high!


*My radio is on the fritz in the car, constantly switching stations, so I've been listening to books on tape in the car mostly since the beginning of the year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Knotwurth (who is my stepson) commented, I read at the speed of light. My taxes, however, have yet to be filed.

(This is all right. Being self-employed, I have till June 10 to file - so long as I keep making my quarterly payments!!)

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home