Monday, April 21, 2008

Turn off the TV Week

It's that time of the year again - time for no TV.

In the past, the kids would groan a bit, but never too much, even when they were regularly watching TV (a few hours a week).

This year, though, I can't remember the last time any of us watched actual TV - not a video or DVD. Maybe sometime in February? The kids do watch an occasional movie (or something recorded off TV long ago), but not too often. Don't go thinking that we are all anti-screen though - they have way too much screen time with the computer, Wii and Nintendo DS.

Anyway, since the kids haven't been watching TV, they didn't really care when I told them it was Turn off the TV Week. Less predictably, they said "Oh, OK" when I told them that it meant no Wii this week either (since the Wii needs the TV).

I'm rather pleasantly surprised when they react so calmly when it is an outside authority telling them what to do (or not do). Unfortunately I don't think that would work for me to provide an expert to tell M to try all food with an open mind...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home