Sunday, February 01, 2009

Happy Birthday A!

Yes, we've had another birthday over here. No more people in single digits anymore in this house! Even the cats, if counted in cat years, are in double digits.

That's right, A turned 10 just a few days ago. For his actual birthday, he chose to go out to dinner to a local Italian restaurant, where he had manicotti for dinner. Then we came home to presents and baklava. Nope, no cake on his birthday because I really didn't want to bake 2 cakes in as many days. I knew we would be having cake tonight (Saturday) for his party and it doesn't seem right to serve a partial cake to his friends. So, baklava it was - and it was delicious!

Tonight was/is the party. 5 guests plus A equals a LOT of noise in the house! One guest has been having a real issue with the noise, but I think he's going to do okay now. They have played on the Wii and played swords and played in the yard and played with new Magnetix. They are currently watching a movie and (I hope) falling asleep. Please let them be going to sleep as its 12:30 and I'm tired and want to go to bed. zzzz

Here is A with his cake. with the auto re-lighting candles that the kids love so much. I finally had to put them out with wet fingers.
The kids all got a kick out of the relighting candles too. But then the strangest thing happened. Most of the guests did not want any cake! or ice cream! I guess maybe they ate too much pizza for dinner. I've never had more than half the kids not want cake. And in the past, I've had kids who didn't like chocolate cake (sacrilegious if you ask me), but who wanted ice cream. Whatever - all the more leftover cake for us!

Then it was on to presents after a bit. A got some new magnetix (which he promptly checked out) and a model airplane kit - and the ubiquitous Tar*get gift card - 3 of them. He'll be able to buy himself a new DS game of his choice.



It's mostly quiet downstairs now, but I guess I'd better go check before heading off to bed myself. I put the volume on the movie a bit low so that they have to be quiet to hear it. Heh, heh, heh. sneaky mom...
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home