Friday, January 02, 2009

Finished by Friday - I can finally show these

I actually finished these up before Christmas, but since they were presents for family who sometimes read this blog, I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

This is a tote bag I made for my MIL. It's lined and quilted. I used a sturdier twill for the bottom.

These are lined shopping bags I made for my 2 SILs. The lining on the pepper bag is really a shocking lime green, but it seemed to go so well with the peppers (and you don't see a lot of it at once) that it really seems to work.

I made these mostly from a pattern I found.  I didn't quite follow it exactly, though - on the blue one I made first I misinterpreted the pattern and made the handles more narrow.  Then when I made the second one I changed the way I did the bottom - I didn't do the gusset, I folded the bag on the inside and sewed crosswise to create more of a bottom (similar to the tote bag above).

Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Threeundertwo said...

Those look great! I bet the recipients loved them. That pepper fabric is so fun.

Thanks for joining in! Hope to see you on many more "Finished for Fridays."

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm braving myself for some button-sewing, so I'm kind of easily impressed....but these really look good : )

6:20 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Thanks. Yes, I love the pepper fabric. In fact, I went back and got some more of it so I can make myself a shopping bag.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home