Saturday, May 30, 2009

School's Out!

Last day of classes was yesterday.  Hooray!  First thing M did when he came home from school was run downstairs and fire up Guitar Hero to play School's Out on the Wii (at an extremely high volume!)

I'm glad school is out, but it is a bit more of a mixed blessing for me than for the kids I think.  I see pros and cons to this.

Pro:
I can sleep in
No supervising homework/listening to complaining about homework/etc
General relaxed attitude about mealtimes and bedtimes
Kids have more time so can do more chores

Con:
Kids are together more so often more bickering
Less time to myself
Kids complaining about chores/making sure they do them
 
I'm sure there are other pros and cons.  Overall, I'm always glad when summer vacation gets here, but I'm also generally glad when school starts up again.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

My kids are counting down. 10 more days of school! I managed to hire a nanny for the summer since K. decided to officially retire over the weekend, so I guess we'll be ready when the time comes.

I'll miss the quiet in the house while they're at school. I come out of my office and discover there are 6 kids in the house...

Hope all of you enjoy the first days of summer, when it seems to stretch on forever, filled with the promise of imaginative possibility!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home