Sunday, October 22, 2006

Great Rejoicings

Great joy was had at the house today. Why, you ask?

1. We found the missing library book! It's been missing for probably 2 months, but I managed to get the librarians to renew it 2 extra times for me. So it is "only" about a week late - and I think I had another 4 or 5 days of lateness between one of the renewals, so I'll owe a dollar or so, but that's a LOT less than if we had really and truly lost it.

2. I finally seem to be getting over my cough. It's not completely gone, but I have been coughing a lot less - and none of it is the "I can't stop coughing" variety. Friday I couldn't walk down a flight of stairs without setting off uncontrollable coughing

3. D got the motion detector light installed on the front porch. It doesn't pick up movement from inside the house (which is good), but as soon as you step out the door the light turns on. We're still figuring out how far it "sees" down the stairs and how to make it stay on.

4. We got to watch the end of Star Wars. I warned the kids that, although it looked scary, the trash compactor scene would be OK. M says, "it wasn't scary, it was just like X" (only now we can't remember what he compared it too). But he wasn't scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home