Saturday, March 24, 2007

5th grade field trip

Friday was the big 5th grade field trip. M and I were up at the crack of dawn (or before) in order to be at school at 6:30am. They had sausage biscuits for everyone and we finally managed to leave around 7:15. Of course this means we got caught in traffic downtown. We got to Chattanooga around 10. After much waiting around, we finally got into the aquarium by 10:30.

It was great. First thing was the touch tanks of sharks (small, harmless) and rays. Here are M and classmates trying to touch a ray.


Next stop was the butterfly exhibit. Now, why there are butterflies at the aquarium, I'm not sure. But they are really cool. M claims he got about 10 butterflies to land on him. I saw and managed to photograph 3 encounters. Yes, there is a butterfly on M's finger here - with its wings folded up.

Here's another.
And my favorite is this one.


I had 2 butterflies land on me. One down on my leg that I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me. And then this one on my sleeve.

I tried to convince a butterfly to land on my finger, but had no luck. This one was quite happy on my shirt. This kid was quite surprised by the butterfly landing on his nose!


My group of kids are the ones in yellow. Each class got a different color shirt. The green shirted kids wanted to join the picture too, so why not... It was a cool sculpture.


Here's M, inside an exhibit. They had a glass tube going up inside the exhibit, that all the kids took turns climbing into.


All in all, a good trip, but way too long on the bus. We hit traffic on the way home too. We were supposed to be back by 5:30, but didn't make it home til 6:20. I'm glad I wasn't hanging out in the parking lot waiting for the buses for almost an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home