Thursday, March 15, 2007

My mouth still hurts

Somehow I thought that it would be better by now. Especially since it didn't hurt as badly at first as I had expected. But, it really feels about the same on my gum. The roof of my mouth is better - though it still feels odd to feel like you have silly putty stuck to the roof of your mouth (and have to be very careful not to dislodge it).

The pain in the gum has given me a headache all day today too. Even with ibuprofen every 4 hours. Or maybe its partly from hunger. It's a pain to eat, trying to be careful, only chewing on the left side of my mouth, only eating soft foods. So I'm not eating normally, or even as much as normal. Believe me, this is a lousy way to diet!

I thought I had another week til I could eat normally (I go back for a check next Thursday), but the Dr said I would still have to be careful for a while more. Ugh. It's asparagus season and that's my favorite vegetable, but I don't think I can manage it now. And I have a pineapple that smells ripe. I LOVE fresh pineapple... I may have to try to eat it, but not sure whether I'll have to settle for sucking the juice from it.

I'd really like to just sleep for the next week....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Oh, I am sooooooo sorry! My mouth is hurting in sympathy!

And if you're not eating much, it sounds like a great time to teach M and A to make milkshakes and smoothies, if they don't already know! Assuming you can stand the cold, that is. The calories can't hurt if you're not eating much else. And you can put a lot of stuff into a smoothie, if you puree it enough...

Can you eat soups, or is it too hot there? Pureed cream o' veggie soup might work too. Pureed cream of asparagus perhaps?

Hang in there!

10:36 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

My mouth was hurting yesterday just reading the food section of the paper. That's bad!

I have been making smoothies - mostly strawberry so far. They're tasty and a good way to use up the strawberries that seem to accumulate in the freezer (I had strawberries from 2001 - they taste fine in a smoothie).

I've been eating soups - even though it was warm until today. We're back into late winter weather now, not crazy warm weather. Chicken (minced finely) noodle and lentils.

I may yet have to try cream of asparagus... maybe.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home