Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ouch, my mouth

Gum surgery today. Ouch. Actually the thinking about it and anticipating the pain have been worse so far, but I'm still on heavy duty painkillers. The side effects from those aren't so great either - about an hour after I take one I get VERY light-headed. This afternoon I managed to stumble/fall into the wooden edge to the fireplace mantel - luckily from only a foot or so away, so I didn't get hurt. But it convinced me to lie down in the recliner and stay put.

My mouth looks and feels like I've got silly putty stuck in there - very weird feeling. I've got one stitch that goes around the back of a tooth and my tongue doesn't like it.

I'm still trying to figure out what I can eat. So far - yogurt, chocolate pudding, oatmeal, eggs and grits. The kids had been hoping for spaghetti tonight, but the Dr. says I can "work my way up" to spaghetti - maybe by Thursday or Friday. I can't bite into anything - for 2 weeks or so - and I also need to do virtually all (of my minimal) chewing on the left side of my mouth.

Do you know how weird it is to brush half your teeth? Very.

This time I'm hoping to avoid the light-headedness by taking a pain pill right before I go to bed - soon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home