Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!

Happy first day of Spring! It certainly feels like spring today - high near 80, low only in the 50's. Beautiful weather. The back door is open and I'm enjoying the day.

Here are some views around the yard:

The Japanese Magnolia is actually just about done blooming, but it is too beautiful to skip.


Here is the blueberry bush. Not intrinsically lovely perhaps, but it bodes well for blueberries this summer - that is if we can get them before the birds and squirrels do.

The cherry tree. This photo really doesn't do it justice. It is magnificent. This is the view off the back deck.

My lovely purple tulips. I've discovered the secret to tulips in the south seems to be to grow them in containers - that way they get chilled enough in the winter. The tulips I planted in the ground aren't blooming any more.



Some hyacinths. I really like the purple ones. My dad bought and planted these with us the first fall we moved in. That was quite interesting - my dad and I trying to plant with the "help" of 9 month old A, 3 year old M, and 2 or 3 neighbor girls, ages 4-6. The tulips we planted stopped coming up years ago, but the hyacinths are going strong.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home