Sunday, March 25, 2007

Venting on Scouts

We had our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet last night. It was nice, good food, pleasant time. I'll post some pictures later (when I have time and the computer the pictures are on is available both occur together).

Right now, though, I'm very frustrated with my Scouts (or more correctly, their parents). I currently have 5 Wolf Scouts, but only 2 of them showed up for our banquet (and one was A). One told me he probably wasn't going to be able to make it, but the other 2 never told me - even after I left messages for them asking them to call me and let me know. I had to plan a skit, not knowing how many kids would be there. I tried to find out whether anyone was getting any more beads for finishing achievements.

Last week it was just A and I until more than half-way through our meeting when 2 boys showed up. Then I had to scramble to get them caught up with what we were doing.

Up until Christmas I had 8 Scouts coming. When 3 who had been regulars stopped coming, I emailed them (and a couple others who came occasionally) to ask them to let me know what's going on. I got exactly one email back (and once bounced email back). Is it so hard to reply with a simple sentence that you're not coming anymore?

It's hard to stay enthused or even caring when I can't get cooperation from the parents. I guess I'll just concentrate on making sure A gets his Wolf badge and if the others do, great, if not, oh well. I don't know what else to do.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Scouts is a sore spot with me. They think my boy is more work than they want to do and it kills me when I hear them talking about it and I know my sweetie isn't invited. I was a den mother for a long time and I WAY appreciate all the dedicated folks who are such cheerful giving people and love scouting.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home