Friday, October 31, 2008

Finished by Friday - Halloween edition

Witches hats for A's Halloween party at Scouts. They're yummy - and super easy.

Take fudge stripe cookies and turn them upside down. Make up some orange icing (mine is powdered sugar, milk and a bit of margarine) and use it to stick the Hersey's kisses on. Voila. Witches hats.

Here's A with his quilt. I actually finished this up last week, but I had promised it to him by Halloween.

I actually started this quilt in about January of this year. I even got all the flannel top pieced in fairly good time, but the furry fleece we had picked out as a backing is a real bear to work with. I kept procrasting working with it. Finally though, as it started getting cooler, I decided I had to get my act in gear and just get it done. So, done it is! And A really enjoys it.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

That's a clever idea for Halloween cookies! And, congartulations on getting the quilt finished! What a nice sugarfree Halloween present for your little boy. (Not that I have anything against sugar!)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Threeundertwo said...

Great idea for the cookies! And congratulations on the quilt. I know what it's like to finish off epic projects (and I still have a lot to finish!).

10:45 AM  
Blogger owlfan said...

I saw the idea for the cookies in some magazine (I think) several years ago. I know I've made these for at least 4 years now.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home