Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas bag photos

Finally here are the photos of some of the fabric gift bags that I promised I would show.
It's a very simple design. I generally take a piece of fabric and fold it in half (trying to watch if the pattern has an "up" to only fold sideways). I then stitch the other two sides closed, but stitching in to the seam on one side a tie - ribbon, rickrack, whatever looks good. Then I hem the top.

The first time I made the bags, I tried making a drawstring, but that took too long. Then I tried making the bags without any tie and just tying a ribbon on once the package was in there, but the ribbon kept threatening to come off.

The bigger the bag, the larger the tie seems right. Each of these bags probably only took about 15 minutes to make (once I decided on the fabric and what size I needed).

It's getting rather close to Christmas to stitch up a bunch of these for this year, but I like to get the Christmas fabric when its way discounted after Christmas. I always say I am going to stitch up a bunch of bags way before Christmas, but it rarely works that way.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home