Saturday, August 15, 2009

Facebook

M has an assignment for Language Arts to create a (fake) Facebook/MySpace type page for one of the characters in the book he read for summer reading.  He seems to be enjoying this assignment more than a traditional type book report.  

The assignment also seems to have gotten the kids talking about Facebook pages and who is on there.  Leading, of course, to M wanting to get onto Facebook.  D and I discussed it and decided that he could make a page, with certain restrictions, namely, he had to friend us and only friend other people that he knows in real life.

M complained at first about having to friend us, but then one of his friends, J, sent D a friend request.  And I think perhaps he heard from some friends that they had their parents as friends also.

Anyway, I've set up a page now.  I don't know how much I'm going to do with it, but I guess we'll see.  I find it odd some of who it says I might want to friend - some people I know, some people I went to college with (but don't remember knowing) and some people who seem to be just random.  Including one person who sent me a friend request within 10 minutes of setting up my account.  I have NO clue who she is and I only know one person on her friend list.  Weird.

If you know me, feel free to send me a friend request.  Otherwise, for now, I'm not particularly searching out people.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked on your request to be a friend, but nothing appeared on Facebook. But M's requests come fast and furious. M-m

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home