Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Challenge Quilt turned in

My Challenge Quilt was due this morning. I finished what of it I could about 10:20 last night. There is still a little more to do, but at first glance, it is done. Good enough!

See here, I even finished hand-sewing on the binding on the back. I was afraid I was going to run out of time and would have to turn it in with pins in the binding.

And here are my 5 circles which were required by challenge rules.

The point of the challenge is to get you to "think outside the box" and try something new. In this case, we picked a random baggie of 2 crayons and had to use those colors. You had to have 5 circles and you had to use a least one traditional quilt block. We were also allowed to use a 3rd color and for all of these we could gradate the color - color from darkest you can make it to lightest and use any of those colors. My colors were pine green and burnt orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home