Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pumpkins gone bad

Eeeeuuuuuwwwww! Every year I promise myself that I will remove the jack-o-lanterns before they go to mush, but somehow.... every year I'm too late. I did manage to remove the candle holders the day after Halloween, but the pumpkins sat on the porch until today.

I started to try to pick this one up. No go. I had to get a shovel and the lid to the compost bin. Hoist with the shovel, plop onto the lid. Splat goes the pumpkin. The other one held together slightly better, but still wasn't pick-up-able. Those pumpkins were heavy! I had to get M to help me carry them around to the compost bin, where I shovled them in. M and then A had a fine time whacking their pumpkin into bits with a shovel.
I've hosed off the compost lid and the bench, but I think the bench needs a good scrubbing still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home