Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bus Woes

Today was the second time in a week that the bus was late. Very annoying. This morning I was going about my business getting ready for a brunch when the phone rang. My friend asked if the kids had gotten the bus. I assume so, I replied, they're not back here. Just then I saw what looked like a bus coming down the next street over (I could see the bus's lights through the trees). Moments after we got off the phone, I saw the kids heading back up the street - I hollered at them that I saw the bus finally and they high-tailed it back down the street. They caught the bus on its second pass (it has to go past our street, to the cul-de-sac, and turn around). I forgot to ask M how full the bus was this morning or when they got to school.

I guess I need to call transportation and see what's going on. It can really throw a monkey-wrench in the morning to have an unplanned trip to school. At least the school is close now - next year middle school will be much more of a hike. Unfortunately, its also more likely to have late buses, since middle school is the last to start in the morning. Oh well, I'll deal with that next year...

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Aiyyeeeee! I can totally relate! E's kindergarten bus is very erratic in its drop-off time. It can vary by 15 minutes.

And worse, they won't drop the kids off unless there's an adult there to meet them. So my sitter or I need to spend random amounts of time sitting by the street waiting for this bus to show up.

One day a week I work for an hour and a half more after E gets off the bus, so I don't bother with a sitter for such a short time. As such, I get to sit at the bus stop with a spec and try to accomplish work stuff while looking up hopefully at any rumbly noise that I hear. Since there's construction at the vacant lot, there's lots of rumbly noise false alarms....

Hope it all gets settled down soon.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home