Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Birthdays celebrated

My mom and I celebrated our birthdays together yesterday. We had ice cream cake in the afternoon and presents. I got an iPod. Woohoo. Blue. It's tiny. I knew it was small, but I hadn't really realized how small.

So far, I've fiddled with iTunes some and put some podcasts on it and transferred 3 CD's worth of songs. It's amazing how much faster the computer will put the songs on the iPod than putting the songs from the CD onto the computer.

I got a new camera too. D and I have been discussing getting a new digital since before Christmas (and we tried to get one right around then), but he finally found and bought one - a Canon SD700. So far it seems pretty cool. I'm still learning how to use it, though, and haven't been able to get the photos from it onto the computer yet. I'll try on the PC later.

We promised my mom a MP3 of some sort too. We thought we'd show her some options of my iPod and the kids MP3's and see what sort of interface she wants. We thought it would make her training for the Atlanta cancer walk more interesting.

M is disappointed that I got an iPod and my mom may get one, but he doesn't have one. He thinks we should have bought him one for his birthday. We didn't. He's doing a good job of saving money to buy himself one - he's up to $50 and hoping for some gift cards from friends at his birthday party next week.

The kids each drew me really nice pictures. We're going to get frames for them. When I can get photos uploaded I'll post those - probably in a future post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you had a great time...nice to read through this...and hey for some more birthday goodies also visit my blog on Birthday Gifts and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carol P. said...

Happy birthday! How do you like your new camera? Is it a digital SLR or a compact camera?

And remind M that the apple store has refurbished iPods for cheaper than new, which sets his savings target lower....

10:18 AM  
Blogger owlfan said...

It's a compact camera, even smaller than my old point&shoot, so easier to fit in a pocket.

M knows about the refurbished iPods thanks to your blog already. I think he's aiming for a previous generation 1GB iPod nano, at $79 - but he also wants color, so who knows.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home