Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Shrimp with Rice Noodles

M went to Wednesday night service at church with my mom, so I took advantage of his abscence and made a dish he wouldn't like. Shrimp with rice noodles. A pronounced it "yummy".

I found the recipe in the food section a few weeks ago and thought I had all the ingredients. Well, almost - I'd gotten the rice noodles, but not fish sauce. Of course I only discovered this as I got the recipe out and started to fix it. Oh well, no fish sauce, just try spicy black bean sauce I found in the fridge. Then I discovered that we were almost out of soy sauce. Oh well, again, just dump in all we have. I added some pea pods too. It all came together quite nicely.

We set the table with chopsticks. A likes trying to use chopsticks, but doesn't really have the hang of them yet. However, he managed to eat his entire meal, including the canteloupe with chopsticks and without a fork! We cut up the cantaloupe slices with the edge of the chopstick and then he speared the canteloupe on the chopstick. I ate similarly. D ate most of the noodles with chopsticks, but resorted to a fork for the last of the noodles and all the canteloupe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home