Thursday, August 16, 2007

RIP dryer

The dryer up and quit on me yesterday. It worked fine on Tuesday, then Wednesday morning I twisted the knob and nothing happened. I checked the plug and flipped the circuit breakers. No help there. I made A go under the porch with me to see if the vent was full of lint - some, but definitely not full. This evening my mom came over and she and D and I took various parts of the dryer apart - it wasn't the belt, which we could have fixed (at least according to my mom). It's probably something in the wiring, but none of it seems loose, so who knows. Looks like all the laundry will be going directly from the washer to the drying rack and hangers to dry for a while.

The dryer predates our marriage, so is at least 17 years old. I don't think we'll be calling in a repair person, but rather doing some appliance shopping. I'd like something a bit more energy efficient, but I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles (just more likely to break).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home