Thursday, January 17, 2008

No Snow Day

We got up this morning to rain. It never did seem to sleet or freeze or snow any during the night. There was still a bit of snow on the ground and more on the deck and stairs, but none on the roads. Both kids were disappointed and indignant. Things I heard this morning:

But it was supposed to snow.

But there's still snow on the ground.

It's NOT FAIR!

How can it warm up in the middle of the night???

I know it all. I'm sure I felt the same way as a kid. And I wanted a day to play in the snow too. Maybe not quite as much as the kids did, but I was hoping for some fun in the snow.

A did go over to a friends house and they had a snowball fight, so he did enjoy it for a bit. M threw a few snowballs here, including one that ended up partly in the house - after I threw the bigger bits back at him, he got to clean up the rest.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Bummer! I was hoping A and M would get to enjoy a real snow day. Oh well, at least they got to play a little bit...

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I was hoping for snow. I remember the excitement building, the hopes--and then the dashed hopes. This weekend we may get a better chance of playing in the snow, but no hope of missing school since Monday is a holiday for MLK. Tomma

6:36 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Weather.com is still saying a good chance of snow for tomorrow afternoon. I sure hope so! I know the kids wanted a day off school, but I think they wanted the snow even more.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home