Thursday, February 07, 2008

A different perspective

I was trying to figure out whether I wanted to put thin borders between the "windows" of my jungle quilt, but couldn't quite decide. Oddly enough, looking at the pictures here on the computer helped me see which I liked better far more than seeing it up close in person. This one is the picture from a few days ago, without any border.


Then on this one (with Shadow enjoying himself), I tried out borders in a brown (on the left) and a black (on the right) print. Although the black looks better with Shadow, I think I'll use the brown print.



It's odd, juggling 3 different sewing projects at once. I would really have preferred to have only one in any one stage at a given time, but it doesn't always work out that way. M asked earlier this week if I was going to get his quilt done before it got warm. Oops. Given that the groundhog saw his shadow (and our 70's weather yesterday made it seem rather springlike), I knew I'd better get busy on the kids quilts. I let them pick out the fabric (I bought it the day after Thanksgiving on a big sale), but then I knew I didn't have time to get into the sewing with all the busyness of getting ready for Christmas. They are really going together rather quickly, I just have to carve out time to work on them (when I don't have the help of either cat...).
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home