Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!

or as I grew up, Happy Shrove Tuesday.  I never really connected that the two were really the same day until I was an adult.  As a kid, Shrove Tuesday meant pancake supper at church.  Yum.


Then I went to college and had the chance to go to Mardi Gras over Spring Break one year.  Wow.  We got LOTS of beads (and NO, I didn't show anything I'd regret - I still got plenty of beads, just not so many big, long beads).  Then, I moved to Louisiana after college.  Let's just say, Louisiana isn't voting today.  Mardi Gras is a huge holiday there.  The kids are off school.  Lots of people are off work.  No pancakes for Mardi Gras, but we generally had king cake.  Also very yummy.


Usually our church has a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper, but, unfortunately, not this year - because they are using the parish hall for voting.  So, we had our own pancake supper at home - oatmeal pancakes and bacon.  Tasty!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home