Monday, February 04, 2008

New Quilt Project

I have a challenge quilt to work on for my quilt group, but I've been having trouble getting started. For a couple of reasons - 1. trying to decide exactly what to do
2. it's cold down in my basement sewing room

So, finally last week, I decided I could at least solve the 2nd problem. I took the space heater down there and got the sewing room fairly cozy. Shadow had to check it out...
Posted by Picasa

Then, even once I had decided what I wanted to do, it seemed so "final" to cut holes in the fabric. But this is what the fabric looked like once I was done cutting out the pieces...

I was pretty impressed with myself that I managed to get these 4 done the first day. Y-seams and all!

Here's where I am now. Next is to decide how to put them all together. I'm thinking of a lattice between the windows, either black or brown.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home