Thursday, March 20, 2008

Critters before breakfast

Yesterday seemed like a normal ordinary day... that is, until I got out of the shower, only to discover bird feathers all over the back hall.  But NO BIRD.  Urrrggh.  The cat is not known for taking his "friends" back outside, so now I have to wonder exactly where this bird is?  Is it decaying under some piece of furniture??  (I checked under the obvious sofa and chair, but haven't done an exhaustive search yet.  I guess I'm waiting for my nose to tell me...)

Then, while I was eating breakfast, I heard the cats and discovered that Shadow had brought in a snake.  Just your ordinary small garden snake, but still not what I want to see during breakfast.  I decided it would have to wait until I finished eating.  But by that time, the snake had disappeared.  Oh no, another missing critter!

Mid-afternoon though, a snake appeared with no cat around, so I think it must be the missing morning snake.  I ushered it outside in the dustpan.

Today the cats have brought in a lizard and another snake.  Joy.  I guess the snakes are coming out of hibernation/hatching/whatever.  We're certainly seeing more of them now...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Soooooo, did you find the remains? Or are they still out there somewhere?

11:35 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Still no sight (or smell!) of any little birdie. It's been warm enough here that I would have thought I would smell something by now. Maybe, just maybe, Shadow took his friend back outside to play some more... If I don't get any whiffs in the next day or two, I'll actually start to believe that!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home