Monday, March 03, 2008

Vision Issues

I went back to the eye doctor (3rd time in the last 2 months) and got checked out again. Back story is that I went in to get a new contact prescription the beginning of this year. Got checked, yep, my prescription had changed (and guess what - I was wearing the contacts in the wrong eyes! Wonder how long I did that??)

Then a week later I got new contacts. Joy and wonderfulness abounded - I could see things clearly, across the room. Though it was not as stark a change as when I got my 2nd pair of glasses ever - 6th grade - and walked out of the eye drs and said, amazed, "there are leaves on that tree!" (across the street). I had forgotten that I should be able to see individual leaves at a distance of, oh 40 feet or so.

Then a couple of weeks pass and I notice that maybe my vision is not quite as sharp as it had been. That little message light on the answering machine, which I had been so delighted to be able to distinguish blinking from not-blinking on initially, was no longer so clear. I thought maybe I had gotten lotion on my lenses. So I cleaned them and checked again. And did a REALLY thorough job of cleaning them. But, still, things were a bit vague.

Finally I called the eye doctors office and tried to explain. They had me come in again, 2 weeks ago. When they found that, yes, indeed, my vision was not the same. Hmmm. They had no real explanation other than that the 2 appointments were at different times of the day. But, the thing is, I'd like to be able to see well ALL the times of the day! They sent me home with a return appointment in 2 weeks. That would be today.

So, I went back again today and it was determined that my vision was basically the same as 2 weeks ago. Still no real clue as to why it changed - more noticeably than it has changed in the past 20+ years. But, I have new contacts ordered and they should be here within a week. I can't wait!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home