Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2 more days of school...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - and its only sort of an oncoming train - the train of summer!

Things I'm looking forward to:
NOT getting up at 6 am.
NOT hassling kids about getting their homework done
NOT racing home to meet A's bus at 2:30
NOT having to try to get dinner on the table at 6 o'clock sharp so I don't throw off the evening routine
more relaxed schedule
visiting with pool friends
time to sit at the pool and read

Things I'm NOT looking forward to:
lack of alone time - I've gotten used to quiet time during the day
hauling kids to the store - mostly I don't have to because D will be around, but it happens more often in the summer
endless requests for snacks
refereeing kids arguments
trying to keep kid computer time to a reasonable level
having to kick kids off computer so I can have some time on it

Overall, the pros of vacation definitely win, but somedays I wish I could send the kids off somewhere all day. This summer both kids have Scout camp, but on different weeks unlike last year. Last year I got a whole week of kid-free time from 8-3, but with D around much of it. Very nice - that doesn't happen often. This year A has day camp one week, then the next M has overnight camp all week. Oh well - at least they can't fight if they're not together... And maybe we'll find something fun to do with just one kid each week.

2 more days, 2 more days, 2 more days.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home