Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Baking has begun

The fruitcake is made and soaking.  D made it on Sunday.  It smells delicious - I can't wait to try it.  It's a slight variation on his usual fruitcake (but still dried fruit, not candied).

Today I tried out a new recipe for pumpkin bread.  It's yummy.  One loaf is going to M's breakfast with parents tomorrow and the other is in the freezer for Christmas.

Then, since I was already baking, I decided to make 7 layer bars.  Oooohhh, I love those things!  I couldn't quite fit all of them in the tin, though.  Aw darn, I guess I'll have to eat the last 2.  Well, actually I already had to test one out, to make sure it was good enough to share.  Yep, it was.  The other will be my treat tomorrow.  I may have to make another batch between now and Christmas... I like them that much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home