Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blackberries!

The first of the blackberries are ripe.  Yum.  We all sampled a few and I have first dibs for my cereal tomorrow.  I found the first 2 ripe berries in our yard and that convinced me to go check out the berries behind the elementary school.  Yep, ripe berries - not a lot yet, but there were some, and they were worth picking, thanks to all the rain we've gotten this spring.  All told I got maybe a cup full, so they'll all be gone tomorrow I'd guess.  But now I have visions of blackberry cobbler.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Mmmmmm, our blackberries are still 3 or so weeks away, if they're typical. But we're starting to get the very earliest of the blueberries from the yard. Still in ones and twos (especially after the kids have been in the yard), but more and more each day....

10:36 AM  
Blogger owlfan said...

I got 2 blueberries this morning. Looks like there might be 2 or 3 more tomorrow. Our blueberry bushes are under a tree, so they tend to ripen a bit later - I'd guess it will be another week at least before I get even a handful.

And even though this is a good year for my blueberry bushes, I can't wait until the U-pick is open - then we can eat blueberries by the handful - and on anything we want.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home