Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy Birthday (observed) to my mom!

We celebrated my mom's birthday today, only about 3 weeks late, but when there are 3 birthdays in the family in 5 days, its a bit too much. Plus her birthday fell during Lent, and she gave up desserts for Lent. Anyway, I fixed the dinner of her choice, baked chicken from a recipe she found in the paper (thighs marinated in yogurt, dredged in bread crumbs/parsley), green beans with a horseradish sauce, crescent rolls. Then coconut cake for dessert. It was all very tasty. I wasn't sure I was going to like the horseradish sauce, even after making it, but it mellowed a bit in the fridge and the flavors mingled nicely. A really enjoyed the sauce too - though he used it as a dipping sauce for his frozen green beans.
M couldn't find his gift for my mom - he hid it away at one point so she wouldn't see it, but evidently he hid it too well. We did some hunting, but no luck, so I guess we'll just have to keep our eyes out for it. I know what it is, but I can't say - so it will be a surprise to her later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home