Tuesday, April 18, 2006

flowers of purple

A little while ago I noticed a new plant in the yard. Hmmm, I don't remember planting something there - I wonder what it is. Maybe a lily or a gladiolus? No, maybe an iris - rather looks like an iris blooming at church. I checked today, and yes, it is an iris!

I don't remember planting it, but I must have. When I saw the beginning of the flower, I was hoping/expecting that it would be a deep purple (the tip was), but no, it is more lavender. Still very pretty, but maybe I'll see if I can find a deep purple one to plant near it in the future. Posted by Picasa

Then we also have 2 new plants that D found at Pike's when he went to get some weed & feed. These are Mexican petunias. They are supposed to get to be good-sized, like 3 feet tall. A big plus for us is, they are perennials - we like perennials a lot - plant once, enjoy for years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home