Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Niagara Falls Illuminated

We went down towards the falls the evening we were there, trying to see the illumination. Well, the lady at the hotel front desk told us to go down one street, but it had a very poor view - too far away and too many trees in the way. I never could get a picture. What they do, though, is light up the falls in different colors, sort of like this:

This was fountains outside some hotel.


The next day, when we went to the Maid of the Mist, we saw where we should have watched the illumination from: we got beautiful views of the falls like these:

The American Falls


The Canadian Horseshoe Falls


Here are some photos I found online of the illumination:

the American falls


and the Canadian falls


These are really cool pictures and I'm really disappointed that we didn't get steered to the right spot to see all illuminated falls from a good vantage point. If I ever go back, I'll know where to go. I am really glad that we went over to the Canadian side - the views are much better from there. Plus it was cool to be able to say that we've been to Canada. D was the only one who had been before (yet the kids and I are the ones with some Canadian ancestry - my grandfather was Canadian). A was pleased to be able to say he's been out of the country - and they were both happy to realize that they've been to Canada at a much younger age than I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home