Friday, November 17, 2006

Book Parade

Yesterday and today at the kids school was their annual book character parade. Each kid is supposed to dress up like a character from a book and carry that book in the parade.

Here the parade is led off by Clifford and Emily Elizabeth.


Yesterday was the day for K, 2nd and 4th grades, so it was A's day to be in the parade. He wanted to be Jack from The Magic Treehouse books. I know that somewhere we have a pair of fake glasses, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so I created some out of black pipecleaners. And then A wore his backpack because Jack always has his backpack in his adventures.

That's A's teacher behind him. She is evidently Mrs. Katz - I haven't read that book. There was another Jack in A's class who looked like he had planned to be Jack. The teacher assigned kids who didn't have a costume to be either Jack from Magic Treehouse or Junie B. Jones - both characters that don't really need a costume.

Today was the day for the 1st, 3rd and 5th grade parade. M wasn't sure he wanted to participate this year, but then his teacher promised extra credit for anyone who did, so he decided to be Harry Potter. He really didn't want me to take his picture. Here he is trying to hide behind a friend.


Then on the 2nd pass, I was finally able to get a decent picture.


I'll try to get these pictures turned later - its getting late and I've got to be up almost as early as a school day tomorrow - Scout training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home