Saturday, December 16, 2006

Baking Time

Over the last few days, I've finally gotten a bunch of Christmas baking done. And some non-baked goodies too. My truffles are always a big hit - I got the recipe from my Jan list friend, Emily.

Easy Chocolate Truffles
Ingredients:

1 1/2 pkgs. (12 oz.) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 pkg. (8oz) Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Ground nuts, unsweetened cocoa,or Flaked Coconut (toasted)


Melt chocolate in large microwavable bowl on high 2 to 3 minutes or
until almost melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until chocolate
is completely melted. Set aside.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until
well blended. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate
about 1 hour. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in nuts, cocoa, or
coconut.
Store in refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen candies

I sent truffles in to the kids Challenge teachers this week. Both kids said that their teachers were appreciative.

Yesterday I baked 3 batches of biscotti:
orange cashew
ginger pecan
cinnamon walnut

I hadn't done the cinnamon walnut ones before, but I had a bag of cinnamon chips and thought they might work well. Yep, they're quite tasty. But, I still think the ginger ones are my favorites - lots of crystallized ginger throughout. It makes them a bit sticky to cut, but oh my, they are yummy.

Then I baked a pan of 7 layer bars. We're trying to hold off on sampling them - so we can take them to Aunt K's house next week. We might be able to resist, but only because we still have cookies left from the cookie exchange last weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

OOOOOOOH! Thanks for reminding me about the truffles! Maybe we'll make some!

If I can ever break out of the timesuck that is my current job, that is. I've worked about 45 hours this week so far (and my job is only 30 hours per week...)

Here's hoping I can do some baking this week during the evenings....

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home