Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday A!

We all had a nice day for A's 8th birthday today.

I ate lunch with A and took in Ding Dongs for his classmates. Grrr - I hate the new policy that treats must be storebought and individually packaged - I MUCH prefer homemade cupcakes. The kids seemed to like the Ding Dongs fine, though.

After school, the kids did their homework, then we picked up my mom and headed to the Scholastic Warehouse Sale. My mom and I both help with the book fair at the school, so we had coupons for 2 free books each. We each got a free book and let the kids each get one. We also got some other books. They had a new deal this time - grab bags of books - a plastic grocery sack full of books for $5. It was pot luck - some good, some bad, some just weird. My mom got at least 3 books in Spanish in her sack. M found 2 books he wanted in my sack - books 2 and 3 in a series. Book 1 was available at the sale, but 2 and 3 weren't. Odd.

Then we met D at an Italian restaurant for dinner. Yumm. But we all ate too much.

We came home and opened presents. A seemed quite pleased with his presents. New Heroscape terrain, DVD of Cars, a Webkin tiger (on the advice from several different friends), some Pyrates M*gablocks.

The kids each had a small slice of cake. The adults were too full. (Well, ok, I had a bite. I didn't need it, but it was quite tasty.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home