Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baking Frenzy

I got busy baking today, mostly for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  For tomorrow I baked 2 pumpkin pies, a cranberry/apple/ginger pie and brownies.  Then because I had a half a bag of cranberries left (and OJ in the fridge from D's cranberry sauce Monday), I decided to make 2 loaves of cranberry nut bread.  Finally something I could get into today!  We cut into one loaf this afternoon and the other has been wrapped and put into the freezer for taking with us for Christmas.  

I'm very pleased with myself at how the baking is going.  I have 3 loaves of quick bread all ready to take with us.  Plus I've baked and frozen 2 types of cookies.  Of course I still have my biscotti to make and it takes the better part of a day.  Still, I'm well on my way and it's not Thanksgiving yet (for a few more hours).  

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I am just going to get started right now on my baking. 2 pumpkin, 1 or 2 apple, 1 cherry. Jello with fruit in for the littles. Makes me tired thinking of it. But the eating tomorrow will be good!

9:04 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Ooh, cherry pie. I might have to make a cherry pie soon - either for our second Thanksgiving or sometime soon after. I love cherry pie (but cherry pie filling is too sweet for me, so I start with cans of cherries).

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home