Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flowers in my yard

The new gerbera daisy I planted this spring.  It lives out by the mailbox so I see it every time I come home.

I really like these day lilies.  I don't even remember where I got them from.

This patch of daylilies is very interesting.  I would have sworn that last year it was all one color, the darker yellow in the front (that M says should be gold lilies).  But when they started blooming this year at first it was the gold lilies and the lemon lilies, then all of a sudden the orange ones started blooming too.  I guess the orange ones migrated around the corner (I have a patch of them 10-15 feet away, on the other side of a large azalea).  I thought I might not like a mix of colors, but these look really pretty together to me.  It convinced me to go ahead and transplant a bunch of day lilies to near the mailbox, without worrying about whether they are all the same color.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home