Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fall in August?

Not that I'm complaining, but its positively odd the weather we're having.  It was only 60 degrees outside when I got up this morning, after 8 am.  So, presumably the low was even lower, perhaps even the 57 that the thermometer records as its lowest low (since I last reset it a month or two ago).  If it was 57 last night, it would match the record low for the date, set in 1930!

Mid August is much more commonly lows in the mid to upper 70s in my recollection, though the paper says that the average low is 69.  And the high today was only supposed to be 84 - I'm not sure it even hit that.  I was wearing long pants all afternoon and even in the sun, wandering through a parking lot it wasn't bad.

Tonight its supposed to get down to 62, so another very pleasant night with the windows open and the fan on.  And a cool house in the morning.  I love this weather - I hope it lasts!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home