Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Great Quilts

It was a rainy, yucky day this morning. I drove the kids down to the bus stop - and realized only moments before the bus came that I probably should have sent a rain jacket with A - he's got Challenge today and would be going back and forth between the building and trailers all day. Oops. Oh, well, he won't melt - and he didn't. Didn't even seem wet when he got home.

I would have just holed up inside today, but I had my Quilt meeting today. So, I packed up my stuff and headed out into the storm. There wasn't really a planned program today, but instead lots of people showing off quilts with a story behind them. I really liked this sand castle. One quilter made it for her son's beach wedding.


Then this one commemorates another quilter's visit to Africa. These are all African prints, with some having come from her trip to Africa.

It's really just a bunch of strips, but the crenellated rows really add something to it. It looks even cooler in person, where you can examine the individual fabrics.

This one is just wild. The Challenge this year is to make a quilt with at least 15 different fabrics with dots or circles. Plus at least one black&white fabric. This makes me think of the challenge.

I don't have nearly that many circle/dot prints. Luckily, they are arranging a fabric swap for next month - bring a yard of circle/dot fabric, cut into 8" squares (20 of them) and you will leave with 20 different 8" blocks. That will be a BIG help - and save a lot of time and money. I don't have the time to head out to a bunch of different stores - the one store that they said had a bunch isn't really near here - or near anywhere I reguarly go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home