Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blackberry Cobbler

I LOVE blackberry cobbler.  Especially when its hot and with a generous helping of vanilla ice cream on top.  YUMMM.  I made this cobbler last week with berries we picked behind the elementary school.  It was good.  The only problem is that was - its all gone now.  
I may have to go pick blackberries again soon in the hopes of having another cobbler.  Unfortunately, the berry patch at the school is smaller than it used to be - there used to be some patches back into the woods and they are basically gone now - I think the trees grew up and shaded them out.  I'm lucky if I can pick a quart when I go over there - nothing like the patches of my childhood, where we would each get closer to a half gallon and my dad would usually be threatening to spill berries out of his gallon milkjug.  That would be berries enough for multiple cobblers plus jelly.  
I never minded picking blackberries (the payoff in cobbler was definitely worth it), but my kids don't quite share my enthusiasm.  A helped a bit this last time and he does enjoy the cobbler, but M doesn't care for cobbler and would rather not pick anything.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Mmmmmmm, I could almost eat that picture! Our blackberries are just coming in....

1:39 AM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Thanks. I hope your blackberries are as tasty as ours!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home