I finally got the top all pieced to my dino quilt. This was completely done off the cuff, as you can probably tell by how the blocks rotate as various angles and the blocks are not always centered. It was mostly fun to do, but I had to rip out more than a few seams when I realized that my blocks weren't going to end up anywhere near the right size (8.5" square) or even worse, anywhere near right angles.
I'm still trying to decide whether to put a border on the whole thing. So far, theoretically it is 40" x 56", so not a bad size for a kids cuddle quilt. I didn't make it with anyone specific in mind, so it will likely be a donation quilt. I hear they have more girl quilts than boy often, so when I saw the half yard of this dinosuar fabric in my stash (I have no idea where it came from), I thought AHA.