Friday, August 28, 2009

Dino quilt

I finally got the top all pieced to my dino quilt. This was completely done off the cuff, as you can probably tell by how the blocks rotate as various angles and the blocks are not always centered. It was mostly fun to do, but I had to rip out more than a few seams when I realized that my blocks weren't going to end up anywhere near the right size (8.5" square) or even worse, anywhere near right angles.

I'm still trying to decide whether to put a border on the whole thing. So far, theoretically it is 40" x 56", so not a bad size for a kids cuddle quilt. I didn't make it with anyone specific in mind, so it will likely be a donation quilt. I hear they have more girl quilts than boy often, so when I saw the half yard of this dinosuar fabric in my stash (I have no idea where it came from), I thought AHA.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

CUTE!! I love the "wonky" feeling to the blocks. Also, it's very nice of you to donate it.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Knitty said...

The blocks have a feeling of whimsy set that way. It looks good as is, but would also be easy to pick up colors from the blocks to make a border, or even use up odd pieces by joining various colors in a random mix.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love what you've got here, the "wonkiness" as Lisa says is really fun. Personally, I like a border, but I do that on everything, not just quilts!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Threeundertwo said...

I think it looks fine without a border - a binding will tie the whole thing together and the size will be just right for a kid. So nice of you to donate it!

Thanks so much for joining in!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home