Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't bother to bring your bags

to the Dekalb Farmers Market.  I went out there yesterday and was pleased with myself for remembering to bring my own bag.  The farmers market is a relatively organic and natural and even has composting along with all sorts of recycling in their parking lot, so I figured lots of people would be bringing their own bags.

I saw the sign at the door saying, "large bags must be checked", but I assumed it meant backpacks and such - and I swear it used to say something like that.  So, I ignored it, thinking I have an empty bag.  Well, part way through my shopping an employee came up and said I had to check my bag, giving me a claim ticket.  And that I could pick it back up when I was ready to check out.  I'm not quite sure what the point of this is, since IF I was going to stash stuff in it, I could do it after I picked it back up and before I went to the checkout.  It was rather a hassle, so I won't bother to take my bags again - too much chance I'll forget to pick them back up or have to wait to check them or redeem them.  No wonder I didn't see many other people with their own bags.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home