Saturday, May 27, 2006

End of the School Year

It's official - school is over for the year. Yesterday was the last day. M had his class party. I don't know whether A did - yesterday I picked him up early so that he could go to camp this weekend with my mom. They are attending a church mini-camp this weekend for rising 1st and 2nd graders with a parent (or grandparent). He and my mom headed up there along with his friend S and his mom. I'm sure I'll hear lots of stories and see pictures when they come back Sunday afternoon.
We're all glad that school is out. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit and not having to pack lunches. D agrees on the sleeping in. M is mostly glad for no homework - he's unlikely to sleep in much.
I need to work a bit on chore lists since everyone will be home, thus making more messes, and without school and homework taking up their time, they will have more time to help out around the house. Or at least that's my plan.
Last night M and I went with D to a party for the teachers at his school. It was very nice. M had a great time swimming, even without anyone to play with (the next oldest kid was 5). He was very well behaved and sat with us and played boys vs girls in Trivial Pursuit later - the girls won!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home