Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Getting ready for Turkey Day

We've been getting ready today, or at least I have. I made a pumpkin pie and a apple-ginger-cranberry pie this afternoon. Reading the apple pie recipe, I realized that I don't think I've ever made it exactly from the recipe before. I've done apple cranberry pies for several years - ever since having one that D's mom made. It was great, and a nice twist on an apple pie. I can't remember whether I've put in the candied ginger before or not, but I know I was very surprised that the recipe didn't call for any cinnamon. What - apple pie without cinnamon - that seems rather un-American. But, we're trying it. It smelled great cooking and I'm sure it will taste good. I don't know how different it will taste without cinnamon... We'll see tomorrow.

I've also made the cranberry sauce - whole berry, my favorite. D will be making his stuffing tomorrow, while my mom is doing the turkey, green beans, yams and rolls. I think she's doing gravy too, but it matters not to me, as I don't eat gravy. D enjoys it though and A might (I can't remember if he likes it or not).

The kids are salivating over the pies already and can't wait to dig in tomorrow. Well, me too, but I'm also looking forward to all the rest of the dinner as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home