Monday, September 08, 2008

Christmas shopping already?

Yes, I know its still early September, but I did my first specific Christmas shopping today.  I can't mention what (because I know some of the recipients read here).  But it got me thinking about Christmas lists.  We're starting to work on a list - slowly, because Christmas just seems soooo far away to the kids.  I know its going to seem like the blink of an eye and we'll be staring it in the face, though, so I'm trying to get ready.  

It always seems that I get so busy and hectic come December, so I'm going to try really hard to get my shopping done by Thanksgiving this year.  It's a bit harder for me for the kids because if I do everything too early, they come up with some great, new, must-have item or I just see something that I know they'll love and I end up over-buying.  At least it makes it easier for birthdays though, as I always end up with something I decide to save for a birthday present.

Maybe this year will be the year I try my mom's trick of pre-addressing all the Christmas cards early.  She does it while watching baseball games, which I probably won't do, but I should be able to find some time - maybe during A's scout meetings.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol P. said...

Aiyeeee! You're way too organized for me. I'm still trying to work out the details of picking up/dropping off 3 kids at 3 different locations 10 miles apart all at 6pm.

But I'm very impressed!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

You're so impressive! I'm a last minuter myself.

2:47 PM  
Blogger owlfan said...

Don't be too impressed yet. I have grand plans, but we'll see how it all turns out. I do hate how frazzled I get right before Christmas, though, so anything that might help that would be wonderful.

I was impressed with finding something that looked good for all the guys though, so I jumped on it.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home